In applying and in consideration of my application for membership being accepted I acknowledge and agree that:
- “PNSW” for the purposes of this membership application and declaration means and includes Paddle New South Wales Incorporated and its members. If accepted I will be a member of PNSW.
- The PNSW Constitution is a contract between me and PNSW. I acknowledge and agree to comply with the Constitutions and By-Laws of PNSW.
- Insurance is in place that provides limited cover to me whilst I am performing or participating in any authorised or recognised PNSW activity (“PNSW Activity”). (For insurance details contact PNSW]. I can, in my own interests, seek and obtain personal insurances over and above the cover provided by PNSW.
- Warning: Paddling can be inherently dangerous. Serious accidents can and do happen which may result in me being injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in paddling.
- Exclusion of Liability: Except where provided or required by law and such cannot be excluded, I agree that it is a term of my membership (if accepted) that PNSW is absolved from all liability however arising from injury or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) arising out of my membership and/or participation in any PNSW Activity.
- Release and Indemnity: In consideration of PNSW accepting my application for membership:
(a) I release and forever discharge PNSW from all Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any PNSW Activity; and
(b) I indemnify and hold harmless PNSW to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another Member of PNSW arising as a result of or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any PNSW Activity.
In this clause 6 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising but does not include a claim in respect of any action, suit, etc made by any person entitled to make a claim under a relevant PNSW insurance policy or under the PNSW Constitution or any By-Laws.
- Fitness to Participate: I declare that I am and must continue to be medically and physically fit and able to participate in any PNSW Activity that I intend to participate in. I am not and must not be a danger to myself or to the health and safety of others. I will immediately notify PNSW in writing of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that PNSW will continue to rely upon this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
- I have provided the information required in this application. I warrant that all information provided is true and correct.
- Privacy: I understand that the information I have provided is necessary for the Objects of PNSW. I acknowledge and agree that the information will be disclosed to PNSW and will only be used for the Objects of PNSW and to provide me with membership services. If the information is not provided my membership application may be rejected.
I acknowledge that PNSW, with my permission, may also use my personal information for the purposes of providing me with promotional material from PNSW sponsors or third parties. I may advise PNSW if I do not wish to receive from PNSW, any PNSW sponsors, or third parties promotional material.
Copyright in photographs and right to use: I acknowledge and consent to PNSW taking photographs of me during my participation in PNSW Activities. I acknowledge that the photographs are owned by PNSW and that PNSW may use the photographs for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being obtained.
- Constitution: From time to time the Committee of PNSW has found a need to be able to amend the Constitution of the Association. In such circumstances there is a need for a vote of members to be taken. I will indicate, by answering a question on this registration application, whether I agree or do not agree to this poll being taken as part of a future similar on-line registration process.