The course will look at the three Flatwater Leadership Awards through the Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme: Paddle Supervisor, Flatwater Guide, Flatwater Instructor. This is a Leadership level training course, so each participant should have a good amount of paddling experience and a desire to share with others their skill and knowledge. To help you prepare for the course and subsequent Assessment, please go to the Paddle Australia website, the Education page and review the evidence guides for obtaining each award:
Paddling Supervisor/FW Guide/FW Instructor: Choose the one that suits your needs – review the hierarchy, responsibilities and requirements of all Leadership Awards.
Download the Flatwater Leadership theory booklet: Review the PA Safety Guidelines (PA website/education): Download the PA Log Book APP (PA website/recreation)
Prices: can be found here: https://paddlensw.org.au/education-training/get-qualified/flatwater-guide-instructor-training
A participant who has completed a previous PaddleNSW Guide/Instructor Training Course or undertaken Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) review, can apply to undergo assessment during the course. This must be confirmed before the course start date.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you register, and then use this link to REGISTER HERE.
- Training Course – $345 per person with $45 discount for PaddleNSW members
- Assessment (approximately 4 hours duration) is usually conducted during the next course – $95 per person. You will need to have completed your logbook requirements and assignments. Email EDUCATION@PADDLENSW.ORG.AU to arrange.
- Assessment for recognition of current competencies without attending a training course will cost $445 per person with a $45 discount for members and will require an evidence based review. If a gap is identified an applicant will be assisted with a training program to reach competence. Please apply to email@example.com
- Paddle Australia Registration – $165. PA provides the Award and the registration to operate as a Guide for 3 years. Professional indemnity insurance is included in the registration.. Paid directly to PA on successful completion of the Award.
- Extra Awards – $18 each. For those seeking Awards in more than one craft, e.g. Kayak and Canoe. For those seeking an Overnight Endorsement.
Prepare for Training:
- Bring your own boat and equipment prepared to work as a Guide &/or Instructor.